[mdlug] Web filtering software

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Tue Oct 9 10:10:27 EDT 2007

Setup Squid.

Then seek out one of the numerous filtering elements that are out there for
Squid.

I used to use a really simple 'porn' and 'noporn' text file for filtering.
Every request was checked against the 'porn' file and if it failed, it was
checked against the 'noporn' file, if it past the noporn file, then it was
served to the user.

Yes, you can block out Myspace/Facebook/Youtube and a plethora of other
sites quite easily with that method.

In the porn file, you have a word like sex in the noporn file you have a
word like sussex, which contains sex, but shouldn't have anything to do with
sexual content. You could also put full URLs into the noporn file thus
allowing the "*.boyscouttrail.com" while disallowing something like
"manboylove.net"

-Rob