[mdlug] Linux Text Editors -- Try Cooledit

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Jan 6 00:29:15 EST 2023

Jay said on Thu, 5 Jan 2023 19:49:45 -0500 (EST)

>He
>basically grew up on it and never felt that it was difficult.  He
>could edit files faster that most people could use a GUI editor.

I think the whole point of Vim and vi is speed. Reaching for a mouse
and going back takes the time of 8 keystrokes if you're a decent
touch-typist.

Taking it a step farther, my entire workflow is based on keeping my
fingers on or near touch-typist home position, as much as possible, to
maximize speed by minimizing reliance on a mouse. I use dmenu and UMENU
to accomplish this.

SteveT

Steve Litt