[mdlug] Installing Kubuntu on Windows 11 HP laptop

R Kannan rk111810 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 10:08:49 EST 2022

All,

Following up on my Kubuntu trial run, I tried installing. Kubuntu
installer does not have seem to have an option to resize the bitlocker
partion that the laptop came with as the installer does no recognize
this partition.

There are basically four options:

Guided - use entire disk
Guided - use entire disk and set up LVM
Guided entire disk and set up encrypted LVM
Manual

When I select Manual it does not allow me to shrink the bitlocker partition.

Is wiping out the current windows OS the only way to install Kubuntu on
this laptop? Also the kubuntu installer does not change anything in the
partition table till I hit the final install button. Am I right?

Thanks