[mdlug] Failing email

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Fri Sep 11 08:16:58 EDT 2020

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 01:02:21PM -0400, email5000 at usa.com wrote:
> So far, nothing but crickets. I waited for about a week, and
> responded again. Crickets.
>
> So, I have yet to talk again to the CC company, but I'd like to have
> some (up-to-date) knowledge on the subject.

Unfortunately, without the bounced message (detailing *why* it was
bounced) it's hard for either you or the provider to debug it.  If
your email provider keeps logs of it's mail infrastructure, it might
be able to find the logs with the information from the bounced email
and look at its end to figure these things out.  Depending on how much
email passes through their systems, it might be difficult to narrow it
down without the bounce info.