[mdlug] Anyone using Hughes Net?

Ben Werthmann ben.werthmann at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 09:56:17 EDT 2017

If I were in your situation I'd consider celluar based services/providers
first. Second, a local or regional WISP, they are generally only in rural
areas. Last resort would be satalite.

There's a nice write up at the link below for "unlimited" data plans. They
say most of the providers deprioritize at 23 GB of usage. Looks like at&t
has unlimited for $60 with auto pay. Also if your cellular device is indeed
3G, I'd suggest replacing it with an LTE modem/hotspot.
https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/utilities/best-unlimited-data-plans/

Project Fi offers data only Sims and they charge a flat rate at $10/gig.
https://fi.google.com/about/plan/

FreedomPop is interesting too.

https://www.freedompop.com/free-data (this is LTE)
https://www.freedompop.com/wireless-internet (this is CDMA)