[mdlug] Tech Request: HP Pavilion suspend and resume

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Sat Jul 15 19:39:32 EDT 2017

I use the pm-suspend command on my centos 7 laptop.
Here are the two aliases I use:

z is aliased to `dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.gnome.ScreenSaver
/org/gnome/ScreenSaver org.gnome.ScreenSaver.Lock; sleep 8; sudo
pm-suspend'

zz is aliased to `dbus-send --type=method_call
--dest=org.gnome.ScreenSaver /org/gnome/ScreenSaver
org.gnome.ScreenSaver.Lock; sleep 8; sudo pm-suspend-hybrid'

The dbus-send command engages the screensaver, the sleep
command waits the the screen to actually lock.  Try just
the pm-suspend command if it is available.