[mdlug] Crush Kill Destroy 2: creating apps

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 11:48:02 EDT 2017

I've tried a solution found on stackoverflow which is giving me clean
compiles and installable apps in both Termina IDE and AIDE. I put my
code for getting the  wanted data and displaying it inside the
OnCreate method, except for the textAsBitmap code which itself is a
separate method. Both display the data with textView. However the
imageView in Terminal IDE doesn't seem to do anything; and I need to
get a better handle of sizing text in any case.

And I also need to get a better handle on how to use the TrafficStats
stuff. I got six digit numbers of bytes; and I know that I've used
hundreds of megabytes since the last hard reset.

(The ultimate goal is to have that number displayed, in the form of
"xxx.xM", in the Status Bar where I can keep an eye on it while having
something else on the rest of the screen (such as a browser or
IRC/Slack client). All available apps that I have tried fail to do
this.)