[mdlug] Crush Kill Destroy 2: creating apps

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 23:10:39 EDT 2017

Have made progress by switching to AIDE, and getting an android_x86
installation running on the laptop. TextView and ImageView methods
both show the data info more or less as required.
_
The next step is converting the bitmap into a smallIcon and showing it
in the Status Bar. This is impossible according to some google results
but possible according to some others if I can use a class.method
called Icon.createWithBitmap(Bitmap bmap);.
_
AiDE allows me to create code that calls this method; and its
android.jar has the class and method. The attached file (when named
MainActivity.java) produces no compiler errors even with nothing
commented out; and the app installs. However, when I run it, I get
"Unfortunately, Data has stopped", both in the emulator and on the
phone,  and I've determined that it's balking at the call to
Icon.createFromBitmap.
_
Can this be fixed and if so how?
_
(My battery percentage app literally uses 100 images each of a number
from 1 to 100. I would need 10000 such images to do it the same way
and get the precision that I need.)