[mdlug] Latest Mint 15 is very slow on Virtual Machine,

Shoufeng Yang shfyang at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 02:03:55 EDT 2013

Sorry, I just realized someone responded to my post (don’t know how to participate this discussion).  Here is the situation for me:

       I installed Linux mint Cinnamon on two computers, First one is Dell XPS1700, 16G with 6-core AMD II X6 1090T. I used VMWork station 7.1.4, I assigned 4GB and 4 core to the Linux mint, 25GB virtual disk, after booting up and logging in, it gives me this message like this:your machine lacks hardware acceleration, it is using software acceleration and performance may slow down. Pretty much every else is also sluggish so I erased it.  This is my primary workhorse and I can’t afford to install Linux Mint directly.   I also installed Centos/RHEL,SUSE, Debian, Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 13, Fedora, Mandiva VM machines, everything run smooth except Ubuntu 13.

       Second PC has AMD dual-core with 8G memory, I used kvm and assigned 4GB and 1-core to Linux mint Cinnomon 13 (32-bit), the booting is actually a lot faster than my Centos 6.4 host machine (64-bit). It is running smoother than the previous VM on my dell.

Thanks!