[mdlug] Ubuntu spyware

Gmail-otakurider otakurider at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 21:10:11 EDT 2013

I think the strength of the community is the fact that it can change and
evolve. It may be that Ubuntu has lost its way so to speak, but others
have as well Slackware, SUSE even Fedora have forgotten its roots in the
community. If its to be shunned then shun the parts that are at fault,
not the entire distro, forking can be a good thing. It has helped much
in the growth of the community in that it has opened up cracks in the
windows dominant OS much of us are forced to use. It may be showing us a
deeper problem that exists in that we are forgetting that privacy and
freedoms require us to say "it is us that make the choice not you". It
is the free software community that is really the only group that can do
it. We control it and we can be the drivers of the good or bad parts of
it. If Ubuntu is to fall by the wayside then they fall, the community is
strong enough for another to take its place. But its the deeper issue of
less and less privacy that worries me.

()-()