[mdlug] Setting up SSL/TLS/SASL on Postfix

Dan Pritts danno at dogcheese.net
Fri Feb 1 18:36:20 EST 2013

On Feb 1, 2013, at 4:26 PM, Robert Adkins II <radkins at impelind.com> wrote:

> Would you run both of these instances using the same main.cf file? I have
> seen an article suggesting using two different setups ex: /etc/postfix-in
> and /etc/postfix-out with duplications of all the files inside the core
> /etc/postfix directory, but with modifications specific to each instance.

Yes, the typical way to do this is to have one of the smtpd instances (usually
the "submission" port) have a bunch of command line options listed in master.cf.

For example:

smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
  -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
  -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
  -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING

This particular snippet is from the default master.cf from RHEL6.

regards
danno