[mdlug] Consequences of 'noacpi'?

Michael Corral micorral at comcast.net
Fri Mar 16 12:29:50 EDT 2012

2012-03-15, Monsieur Mat Enders a ecrit:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Aaron Kulkis <akulkis00 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is one reason why I like opensuse
>
> Linus disagrees with you
>
> https://plus.google.com/102150693225130002912/posts/1vyfmNCYpi5

Linus uses Fedora, as all reasonable people do. :)

I know some people dismiss what he has to say about desktop issues,
but frankly I'm much more interested in what Linus has to say about
that than some random joe schmoe on the interwebs who hasn't done
one one-millionth of what Linus has. It's not like Linus just works
in console mode. He does use a normal desktop environment (currently
XFCE, since he considered GNOME 2 a "disease" and ditched KDE when
version 4.0 came out). And I think that he of all people has earned
the right to blow off some steam and rant like anyone else does.
I love Linus' rants; they're usually funny, pointed, and correct.

Michael