[mdlug] Linux push an economic phenomenon?

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at opengroupware.us
Mon Jan 24 16:24:10 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 10:43 -0500, Dan Pritts wrote:
> sluggish and bloated seems to apply to openoffice too, actually.

Yea, it is popular to say that.  But it is crap.  I use Open Office
extensively to manage large [~200 page] documents. I push very large
amounts of data around with Open Calc and I maintain multi-part
documents over the course of years with Open Writer - documents with
hundreds of cross-reference entries..  It works very well and
performance is well within the acceptable range.   It is certainly not
sluggish or "bloated" [although "bloated" is such a stupid meaningless
word I'd prefer to discard it as a category all together].