[mdlug] Linux push an economic phenomenon?

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Mon Jan 24 10:53:05 EST 2011

Wojtak, Greg wrote:
>> Oh yeah, one other thing I didn't mention.  Living in the real world, as
>> opposed to living in the world we'd all prefer, I have to deal with M$
>> attachments, and OpenOffice just doesn't cut it when it comes to sending
>> documents back and forth and trying to maintain formatting.  This does
>> not please me, and it's not Linux's fault, but it's another reason not to
>> use linux on the desktop.
>>

> Office: Mac 2011?  Microsoft actually seems to have tried to make Office
> work on the Mac this time around...

And Office is the gold standard application for Crossover Linux, an
excellent wrapper for WINE.

One of several virtual Windows windows.  Different people with tout
different virtualization solutions.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Journalism is publishing what someone doesn't want us to know, the rest is propaganda. -- Horacio Verbitsky
Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org