[mdlug] training spamassassin

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Thu Aug 4 08:48:02 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 21:38 -0400, Carl T. Miller wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm reading up on spamassassin and didn't realize that
> it was possible to train the Bayesian filter.  Does anyone
> use spamassassin that has it configured so that users can
> report mis-identified messages?  That's the one thing that
> I need to learn how to do before I can use it in production.

Yes, the simplest way is to move reported SPAM/HAM to specified global
folders and to use fetchmail to pull the messages from those folders and
feed them to spamassassin.

su -l spamd --command='fetchmail --all --silent --norewrite  \
                                 --folder "Shared
Folders.departments.cis.report-ham" \
                                  --mda "sa-learn --ham"'

su -l spamd --command='fetchmail --all --silent --norewrite \
                                  --folder "Shared
Folders.departments.cis.report-spam" \
                                  --mda "sa-learn --spam"'