[mdlug] Open Source accounting software

Peter Bart petertheplumber at att.net
Mon Feb 1 23:18:24 EST 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 21:59 -0600, Bob Dion wrote:
> There's more to filling out a 1040 then adding and subtracting. It's
> understanding tax law. and what if any credits and deductions you are
> entitled to.

	And that's why I have someone do mine. For the same reason I have
someone fix my car, my appliances, etc.

> Did you file a schedule M?
>
> how about a child tax credit or earned income credit.
>
> I'm currently working for Jackson Hewitt. people come into the office
> making any where from $10,000 and $30,000 and leave with a $3,000 to
> $7,000 check. It's worth it to these people to pay us $200 to prepare
> their return.

	It's not that I can't, matter of fact I can do most of the things I
need done. I just can't do them as well or notice related things that
should be taken care of.
--
Best Regards,

Peter The Plumber