[mdlug] OT: Cross-platform GUI suggestions

Steve Goodhall steve at goodhall.info
Thu Aug 26 12:34:15 EDT 2010

  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }I
have had reasonably good experiences with NetBeans though I have to
admit it isn't JBuilder.  I don't necessarily agree that even doing if
from scratch is all that hard. It definitely beats doing GUI from
scratch in Visual Studio or Access by several miles.  To be fair to
Microsoft, .NET has stolen a lot of the Java concepts so it is
somewhat better than VB6.
 Regards,
 Steve Goodhall, MSCS, PMP
 248-505-5204
 On Thu 26/08/10 10:57 AM , "Clinton V. Weiss" cvweiss at gmail.com
sent:
 I've written a few commercial apps with extensive GUI use in Java.
However,
 this was about 5 years ago when JBuilder was strong and had it's
awesome GUI
 editor.  Today, I have yet to find a (free) Java GUI editor that can
compare
 to JBuilder's, so while you'll have excellent cross-platform
compatibility
 with Look and Feel that will easily match the system you're running
on,
 learning to do this from scratch will be difficult.
 Clinton
 --
 Clinton V. Weiss
 cvweiss at gmail.com [1]