[mdlug] OT: Cross-platform GUI suggestions

Evan Carew elcarew at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 30 09:33:49 EDT 2010

Ray,

I've written 2 commercial apps in Qt. One before it was free, and the
other after. Both apps were reasonably large and in both cases, some of
the development was done on MS Windows, and some on Linux. In the more
recent case, I couldn't really tell which platform I was developing on,
the level of integration was that good.

Of late, I've been doing a lot of web development, and decided to do my
latest app just to see how the two deployment models compared. I have to
say, with the issue of cross platform compatibility off the table (with
the exception of packaging), I'm wondering when we will start seeing
more applications being developed in the "older" client server model.
Developing an application with only one solution space is such a
peaceful experience.

Evan