[mdlug] USB/IDE adaptor

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 02:21:06 EDT 2009

At 01:10 PM 9/27/09, Michael Rudas wrote:

>It sounds like a sample defect--a broken internal connection or some
>such.  I have used these devices a LOT under both Win and Linux with
>no problems.  Exchanging it for another of the same brand is a good
>idea.  Alternately, the house brand (Inland) adapter has worked well
>for me (same price).

     It might be the fault of my own equipment. On a hunch I moved
the plug from the front
USB sockets to the open USB socket in the back. It's now sitting
there peaceful and
accessible. Also seems to have done the trick under Kanotix
Thorhammer. Apparently this
device is more susceptible to connection issues than my printer, my
video camera, and the
Zaurus cradle... I'll hang onto it for now and see if it starts
acting up again.

     Thanks for the insight.

----

   - Drew.