[mdlug] USB/IDE adaptor

Michael Rudas audiotech50 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 13:10:28 EDT 2009

--- Drew wrote:

> I took the opportunity to pick up this:
> http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0285941
> in the hope of effectively  having at least a 40 gig flash drive for
> less than the cost of an 8 gig one.

> These things are supposed to mount/automount as SCSI drives
[snip]
> However, it then promptly disappears from the system, and then
> reappears - again and again and again

It sounds like a sample defect--a broken internal connection or some
such.  I have used these devices a LOT under both Win and Linux with
no problems.  Exchanging it for another of the same brand is a good
idea.  Alternately, the house brand (Inland) adapter has worked well
for me (same price).

~~ Michael Rudas
    My home page: http://MRudas.2Ya.com
    My Protopage links: http://TinyURL.com/3wt54n