[mdlug] USB/IDE adaptor

Dan Pritts danno at umich.edu
Mon Sep 28 11:01:20 EDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 12:09:44PM -0400, Drew wrote:
> Do I have a bad product? Should I have gotten one of the other
> brands? Or is there a way to get

It sounds like you've got this working.  FWIW I have had a lot
of trouble with various versions of these adapters.

They tend to be cheap hardware with little quality control.
Unfortunately I can't suggest a brand which i know to be better.

my friend and i each had one, each had trouble, ended up discovering that
the power supply that came with his was bad, and my adapter was bad.
put them together and we had a working unit.

sigh

danno
--
dan pritts