[mdlug] Blog of helios: Tempers Flare as Recession Creeps into Tech In dustry

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 15:50:46 EDT 2009

At 11:54 AM 3/18/09, Aaron Kulkis wrote:
>Lazy people LOVE "make work" situations in which efficiency
>is specifically avoided, as opposed to an even semi-rational
>system in which efficiency improvements are one of the goals.

Hey, I'm lazy and I don't like that sort of make-work at all. I want
more efficient
production everywhere in order to reduce the *need* for people (including me)
to work.

(How to keep everyone employed when the need for man-hours is severely reduced
this way? Simple. Cut the required work week to compensate for the increased
efficiency. I rather thought that was what more efficient production
was *for*.)

----

- Drew.