[mdlug] Blog of helios: Tempers Flare as Recession Creeps into Tech In dustry

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 12:54:02 EDT 2009

gib at juno.com wrote:

> So, how do we enlist the help of people in the PC service industry?

Personally, I don't care about them.  Their decision to partake
in a business model which can only be described as parasitic
it not my responsibility.  I don't think they'll ever get the
support of people whose primary work consists of carrying
around anti-virus and MS filesystem defraggers.

They perform NO value-added work, because, frankly, they don't
have the ability to do so in the computer industry.  Their
mentality is very similar to someone in a "featherbed" job
in a UAW plant -- they will fight, kicking and screaming, ANY
change to the system, because the current system means that
they get paid for not doing anything of actual value.

Lazy people LOVE "make work" situations in which efficiency
is specifically avoided, as opposed to an even semi-rational
system in which efficiency improvements are one of the goals.

> How can we find a way to help this person retain his job?

If he's too stubborn to learn to use something that's FREE,
that's his own, self-created problem.