[mdlug] Blog of helios: Tempers Flare as Recession Creeps into Tech Industry

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Tue Mar 17 09:27:39 EDT 2009

> >> Read that a week or so ago.  Glad he came out on top.
> >
> > Well, according to him he came out on top. For all we know
> the other
> > guy could've beaten the snot out of him, and he's only now
> getting out
> > of the hospital to blog about it. :)
> >
> > I think he made the whole thing up. The tip-off is usually
> when guys
> > like this start bragging about their fighting ability
> and/or martial
> > arts skills.
>
> Where was there any mention of that?
> He just said that a junior-level field-tech got all pissed
> because he sees Linux as the cause of declining "guaranteed
> revenue" to service Windows, and a manager in the guy's chain
> of supervision was in the van, too, called the guy off.

  He strongly implied that the confrontation turned physical and he had to
defend himself, thus protecting the only hair he has left (his ponytail). He
clearly stated that he was the only one to remain on his feet.

  While I can see some tempers flare over some stupid things, I am unsure
that some nerd herd employee would flip out like a Ninja and try to beat
someone at a gas station parking lot.

  -Rob