[mdlug] Blog of helios: Tempers Flare as Recession Creeps into Tech Industry

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 23:22:18 EDT 2009

Michael Corral wrote:
> 2009-03-16, Monsieur Jeff Hanson a ecrit:
>> 2009/3/16 Aaron Kulkis <akulkis00 at gmail.com>:
>>> <http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2009/03/tempers-flare-as-recession-creeps-into.html>
>> Read that a week or so ago.  Glad he came out on top.
>
> Well, according to him he came out on top. For all we know the other guy
> could've beaten the snot out of him, and he's only now getting out of the
> hospital to blog about it. :)
>
> I think he made the whole thing up. The tip-off is usually when guys like
> this start bragging about their fighting ability and/or martial arts
> skills.

Where was there any mention of that?
He just said that a junior-level field-tech got all pissed
because he sees Linux as the cause of declining "guaranteed
revenue" to service Windows, and a manager in the guy's
chain of supervision was in the van, too, called the guy off.

> It's just a little bit too much like Internet Tough Guy:
> http://imgur.com/3JXUA

Ha! Funny pic.

> In fact, this guy seems to have a history of making things up, from what
> I understand.

What else has he made up?

His previous brush with fame
<http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2008/12/linux-stop-holding-our-kids-back.html>
 turned out to be true.

> Stories on the interweb are occasionally not true. :)

Oftenso. Especially on Wikipedia.