[mdlug] [Tech Support] OpenOffice-3.0.1 no dictionary

Michael S. Mikowski z_mikowski at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 03:39:27 EDT 2009

Hi Dr. Meier:

Seen Before:
Yes, in OO 2.4.

Cause:
My documents were not recognized as English (USA), but instead English
(Zimbabwe).  I don't know how it happened, it just did.

Cure:
I set the correct default language for documents:
Tools -> Options -> Language Settings -> Languages
Under the "Default Languages for documents", for the "Western" language I
selected English (USA).  That language was the only option that had a little
'ABC' icon next to the selection to signify a valid installed dictionary.

What you Are Missing:
Possibly nothing I have written :)  All this may have changed in 3.0.1.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Mike