[mdlug] OT: Photo Software

bob dion starline at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jun 19 09:12:42 EDT 2009

Epson scanners are well supported in Linux. Flat beds are not as
expensive as negative/Slide scanners.

XSane works good for scanning software.

I use DigiKam for photo management, it also has some photo editing features.

There is of course the Gimp for image editing, but that may be more than
you need for color correction and Red Eye removal.

CostCo or even Walmarts can do a good job of printing.

However, you may find it a lot easier to have a CostCo, WalMarts or Ritz
Camera do this for you. It wouldn't hurt to take a sampling of say 3-4
images to one of these places and see how they do.

Bob