[mdlug] OT: Photo Software

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Fri Jun 19 09:15:16 EDT 2009

David Relson wrote:
> G'day,
>
> My siblings and I just went through the parents' photo albums and there
> are many that each of us wants copies of.  Consequently, I've got a big
> stack to be sorted, digitized, and tagged (who/when/where/etc).  Have
> any of you done this?  What software did you use?  Did you scan them
> yourselves on your home printer/copier/scanner, use an online service,
> go to CVS, Meijer's, etc???

Having scanned tarot decks in the past I recommend using a service.
Bulk scanning is about the dullest grinding task you can do.  I too have
a huge pile to do and I'll be taking them to Staples.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org