[mdlug] PalmOS Systrap list needed

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 12:33:14 EDT 2009

At 07:54 AM 6/15/09, Ingles, Raymond wrote:

>  To download the Palm SDK these days, you have to do a free registration
>at Palm's developer site. I have SDKs for OS 3.5 and 4.0 that I could
>email you, if you want to avoid that.

     I already have OnboardC, which I'm running in the Palm Emulator
(and might move
to an actual Palm at some point), which theoretically can do any of
the built-in API
functions - IF I know what systrap number to call. It has a header
file containing *some*
of the PalmOS API, but a *lot* of the functions are missing from it,
including some that
I need (Serial I/O). You're supposed to put code in your own source
that says something
like

ReturnValueType  FunctionName(RVT Param, RVT Param, ...) SYS_TRAP(number);

where you look up the number in Palm documentation that I also can't
find. (They're not in
the API reference either.)

     If your documentation includes these numbers and includes the
Serial Port functions,
emailing me that section should do the trick. Otherwise maybe I can
do something with
the header files; zip up all files ending with .h and email that.

>  If I may ask, what do you need the systrap numbers for?

     I'm converting some of my Palm software from PocketC, which
requires that "compiled"
programs be run from the PocketC application itself or a runtime
module, to OnboardC,
which produces stand-alone executables with their own icons in the
main menu. (It's the
OBD monitoring program I wrote a couple of years ago.) The systrap
numbers are to give
me access to the Palm API functions corresponding to the ones built
into PocketC that
I had been using. (I suspect the PocketC runtime portion just patches
into these functions
itself.)

----

- Drew.