[mdlug] Interesting games for Linux on sale this weekend

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Sat Jul 18 17:16:06 EDT 2009

Not everyone's cup of tea, but there's a trilogy of games in a series called "Penumbra". They've recently improved their Linux support and they're selling all three games, together, for only $5 total. I'd played the demo and was waiting for my birthday money to arrive, but for that price I snapped them up.

 The games are what might be called 'survival horror'. You're not an invincible juggernaut - you're quite mortal, and your best bet is almost always to run or hide or sneak instead of fight. What's interesting about this game is that the physics are *very* realistic and elaborate. You grab the knob with a mouse click, and then you move the mouse to open a door.

 Read about 'em here, but for this price, how could you go wrong? That's less than a matinee show at most theaters now. It's about as much as *renting* a movie.

 http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/07/17/0422200