[mdlug] Linux Computers at Computer Direct - Update

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Fri Jul 17 08:06:50 EDT 2009

> Robert Adkins wrote:
> > 	There is another model being put together and tested which I am
> > calling the "Gaming Penguin" for now. It is a middle range
> gaming PC
> > with an accelerated graphics card, a Duo-Core Intel
> Processor, 500GB
> > SATA HD and 4GB of RAM.
>
> Why not use an AMD?  Better bang for the buck, and generally,
> AMD processors have better design quality than Intel, which
> has a history of selling flawed CPUs (FOOF, Divide by Zero,
> etc.)

	They do intend on building AMD based machines.

	At this time, they have more Intel based MBs and CPUs in stock and
unlike major manufacturers like Dell, HP, etc. They intend on using the
exact same hardware from the first to the last PC built as a particular
model. If something changes, they will change the model number.

	If, for some reason, the Linux PCs start taking off big time, they
want to be able to quickly build more of the same model with the same
configuration.

	-Rob