[mdlug] Linux Desktops For Sale

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Wed Jul 1 16:27:41 EDT 2009

> Precisely.  Since the same issues exist WITHIN the microsoft
> upgrade path...and most of your buyers have experienced it at
> least once themselves (it not multiple times), I really don't
> understand why you're sweating about this.

  1. I want to see Linux succeed as a viable desktop OS for the majority of
computer users.

  2. It could be a really good thing for this retail establishment to be
able to sell enough Linux systems to be viable.

  3. Success with initiatives like this could increase the currently agreed
upon statistic of 1% market penetration of Linux, which would strengthen the
availability for out of the box support across all computer hardware and
eventually in the commercial entertainment software, meaning that someone
like myself who really enjoys PC games and Linux can finally dump Windows,
for good.

  Anyway, that's where my concerns lie with this and why I am sweating about
this.

	-Rob