[mdlug] Suggestions for games for an elderly parent?

Paul set at pobox.com
Wed Jan 21 02:47:39 EST 2009

"Ingles, Raymond" <Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com>, on Tue Jan 20, 2009 [11:50:18 AM] said:
> My dad has asked me for some computer games for his birthday... this
> Sunday. (Oy.)
>
>  He's intelligent and has a sense of humor, but has limited computer
> gaming experience and tends to learn 'computer things' by rote. My
> parents run Ubuntu Linux, so any games I got for them would have to be
> Linux-based or run well under Wine. He's healthy but doesn't have the
> twitch reflexes (or the interest in violence and gore) of the typical
> teenager, so FPS games aren't going to fly.

	Hi;

	I was looking under the gentoo 'games*' hierarchy and there
were just about 1000 entries, so there are lots of potential
linux posibilities. But I will only mention 3 games I have enjoyed
recently, that arent very 'twitchy', namely frozen bubble, lbreakout2,
and fish fillets. (the later of which was recommended to me by a 20
something)

Paul
set at pobox.com

ps. tell us more about your teenage years and your bloodlustful exploits...