[mdlug] A plan to digitize health care - My Apology

Michael Rudas audiotech50 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 11:58:06 EST 2009

--- GIB wrote:

> First, I wish to apologize to all.  I had no intent to harm.
>  I was frustrated with what I regard as political over promising.
[snip]
> Third, it is an interesting topic.

It certainly is, and I think there's room for Linux and F/OSS in this mix...
<http://linuxmednews.com/index_html>

I'm reminded of something that happened about 2 years ago.  I forget
the exact details, but it went something like this:

A proprietary software program, widely used by physicians for keeping
detailed notes on patient care, is purchased by a third party.  As I
remember, the notes are stored on a server managed by the software
company.  Suddenly, the new owners attempt to extort "upgrade" fees
from their subscriber base by withholding access to the patient data
stored on the server.  I don't remember the outcome but it could NOT
have been pretty...

~~ Michael Rudas
    My home page: http://MRudas.2Ya.com
    My blog: http://FaveSoft.blogspot.com