[mdlug] A plan to digitize health care - My Apology

Dan DeSloover dand at zifferent.net
Tue Jan 13 12:11:03 EST 2009

Interesting. The software company does know that the data belongs to the
doctor and the patients, right?

While the company may have a proprietary interest in database, schema and
client interface they don't own the data.

Any doctor's office caught in this kind of trap should be able to get a
data dump (into CSV, HL7) and then immediately switch practice management
systems.