[mdlug] [OT] Windows VER 7

Michael Rudas audiotech50 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 15:52:17 EST 2009

--- R. Kannan wrote:

> Anyone knows if they are dropping Vista and going back to
>  XP code base, user interface etc. for Windows 7? If this is just
>  a do-over on XP, how can they expect the corporations to dole
>  out more money for the same thing?

Actually, it's worse than that -- it's basically a do-over on WinVista
-- a version check indicates an internal version number of 6.1,
indicating an update to Vista, NOT a reversion to XP.

Of course, this might change to v7.x  before release, but I have seen
no clear direction on whether MS will remove or tone down the DRM in
Win7 that is (to me) Vista's ultimately fatal flaw.

~~ Michael Rudas
    My home page: http://MRudas.2Ya.com
    My blog: http://FaveSoft.blogspot.com