[mdlug] Gimp plugin.

Garry Stahl tesral at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 18:37:05 EST 2009

I am trying to install a gimp plug in, it requires compiling, something
I have never done.

To me this looks like it failed.  the plugin is gimp-ilbm-0.9.4 , to
give me access to my old Amiga graphic files.  Yes ,I need them.  Could
someone explain in words of one syllable what went wrong here?  I am NOT
CLI competent.  I was following the instructions given.

phoenix:/home/tesral/Download/gimp-ilbm-0.9.4 # ./configure
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gimptool... no
./configure: line 1582: --cflags: command not found
./configure: line 1583: --libs: command not found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none needed
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
phoenix:/home/tesral/Download/gimp-ilbm-0.9.4 # make
cd . && automake --gnu --include-deps Makefile
Makefile.am: required file `./depcomp' not found
Makefile.am:   `automake --add-missing' can install `depcomp'
Makefile.am:9: `CFLAGS' is a user variable, you should not override it;
Makefile.am:9: use `AM_CFLAGS' instead.
make: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1

/

/

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org