[mdlug] SEMCO Linux install-fest redux

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 13:24:13 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Garry Stahl <tesral at wowway.com> wrote:
> Norton?  We would be doing them a favor.  Seriously, it's a crappy
> product.  Getting it out of a computer is worse than removing ooblek.
> It's a system resource hog and AVG works as well if not better.

The only Symantec product I like is the Norton Removal Tool:
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

> Will the Windows 7 talk come with rose colored glasses?  I've been
> hearing some the DRM issues and it makes Vista look warm and cuddly.

I didn't encounter any with my review of the beta other than the
normal online activation.  I didn't have sound working in VMware
Player so I didn't try to play anything with WMP 11.