[mdlug] SEMCO Linux install-fest redux

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Wed Feb 25 09:33:57 EST 2009

Raymond McLaughlin wrote:

> Shall we plan for an organizational at the March 8 meeting?

Sure.

> Holding it during the 3:45 session would conflict with Larry Kulp of
> Kulp Computers' presentation on "Computer security including a new
> Norton product, PC maintenance, and troubleshooting."  While I would
> rather do Linux stuff, splitting the group during an outside presenters
> talk might seem rude, and deplete his audience size below his "worth
> while" threshold.

Norton?  We would be doing them a favor.  Seriously, it's a crappy
product.  Getting it out of a computer is worse than removing ooblek.
It's a system resource hog and AVG works as well if not better.

> With this consideration in mind I suggest we might schedule the
> Linux-SIG to coincide with Tom Callow's "First look at Windows 7" either
> by doing it at 1:45, or seeing if Tom might switch with Larry.
>
> Also  I suggest that this discussion might belong on the MDLUG-Admin
> list, to the extent that anyone cares.

Club wide, it's fine here.

Will the Windows 7 talk come with rose colored glasses?  I've been
hearing some the DRM issues and it makes Vista look warm and cuddly.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org