[mdlug] SEMCO Linux install-fest redux

Michael Rudas audiotech50 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 17:23:21 EST 2009

--- Garry Stahl wrote:

[snip]
> Norton?  We would be doing them a favor.  Seriously, it's a crappy
> product.  Getting it out of a computer is worse than removing ooblek.
> It's a system resource hog and AVG works as well if not better.

Actually (and I NEVER thought that I would be saying this), Norton
2009 is now at the front rank of anti-virus suites for Windows.  It is
no longer a system resource hog, is easier to configure, and works
well.  Not that I would ever buy it, but I MIGHT even recommend it in
certain limited circumstances--and I WON'T rush to remove it from a
Windows-infested PC like I would have last year...

~~ Michael Rudas
    My home page: http://MRudas.2Ya.com
    My software blog: http://FaveSoft.blogspot.com
    My Protopage links: http://TinyURL.com/3wt54n