[mdlug] Open Source Virus Protection Windows Server 2003

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 12:57:55 EST 2009

Robert Jim Fulner wrote:
> Does anyone know of an Open Source virus protection program that will run on
> Windows Server 2003? I honestly don't care if its "good" or even developed
> any longer, though it would be preferred. My boss has asked me to locate a
> free option to paying for Norton. I recommended just switching us to a Linux
> server, but apparently that's not an option. They always talk about trying
> to save money, but any time I mention Linux, or even getting our corporate
> guys to use OpenOffice.org , Evolution, etc. on their Windows machines they
> act like I'm crazy.

"Are you interested in saving money, or are you only interested
in TALKING about saving money?  Every dollar you needlessly spend
on expensive software which could be replaced with free equivalents
is another dollar that you can't use for something which is more
important -- anywhere from buying equipment while the prices are
depressed, to, oh, I don't know...staying profitable during this
economic downturn."