[mdlug] mdlug Digest, Vol 30, Issue 29

Robert Jim Fulner fulner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 13:52:05 EST 2009

When it comes to mail, we have a completely different can of worms to fight
with the powers that be. A year ago or so we switched away from a POP system
to the Microsoft Exchange server. They give me some kind of mumbo jumbo
about how secure and all it is. My understanding is that Exhcnage can be set
up to use IMAP, but they have no desire to do so. It seems like software is
all over the map in this company. We make bleutooth stuff, the firmware our
our old picture frames is Open Source and the code can be downloaded
straight from the website. The updater we use to update the firmware on a
lot of our new products is an old open source  P5_updater which according to
Sourceforge development on has stopped back in 2004. It works, most of the
time, (pain in the arse) unless you are running Vista 64, than your SOL.

As far as some documentation showing how easy and cost effect setting up a
Linux server environment, that may be something useful that I can show the
"powers that be."