[mdlug] Ubuntu Server administration

Michael ORourke mrorourke at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 24 13:07:59 EDT 2009

Lug nuts,

I built an Ubuntu Server (9.04) the other day for a client and was wondering if it had an administrative utility such as SuSE's YAST?  I did some poking around in the docs, but didn't find anything.  I did all the server configuration from the command line, which is not a big deal.  But since I won't be the only person responsible for maintaining the server, I installed Webmin.  Since I setup the server to be deployed without a console (KVM may be added in the future), Webmin made the most sense.

-Mike