[mdlug] Netbook suggestions (and uhappy laptop)

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Mon Aug 24 12:14:25 EDT 2009

I think my wife may have killed our laptop. It was showing signs of
overheating last time it worked (she had it on a pillow on her lap,
blocking the inlet vent). Now it won't boot if there's a hard drive
connected - I've tried two different drives. I think it'll boot off a
CD/DVD, but it's of limited utility then. Any suggestions for
troubleshooting?

 In other news, come xmas I think I'll get her a netbook. Less likely to
overheat and will do all the things she cares to do. Linux is no
problem, I just need something that'll capably netsurf and connect to
our Windows machine via RDP. Anyone have any suggestions or tips on that
front?

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                           (313) 227-2317

 "DRM 'manages access' in the same way that jail 'manages freedom.'"
                         - Mr. Chaotica