[mdlug] New router time...

Peter Bart peter at petertheplumber.net
Fri Aug 14 20:46:41 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 20:31 -0400, Dan Pritts wrote:
> If you just want a plain old non-tinkerer router, the wrt54g (non-L)
> is cheap and stable and works fine for me with the linksys firmware.
> I've been tempted to look at dd-wrt but never really found a
> compelling reason, the existing firmware does all the basics that
> i need.
>
> Peter, your 802.11n router is hotter because that 11n signal needs
> a lot more processing.  MIMO, etc, don't come for free.  Plus it
> has a 1G switch instead of 100M, that uses a little more juice.

	Interesting, thank you! It's not an issue for me. I got it specifically
because it has the gigabit switch and 802,11n. Turns out my Intel 4965
AGN wireless card is less than spectacular. It's performance was far
less than the 3965 ABG card in another notebook. Particularly was having
to stand literally next to the AP to get a connection. So for my use I
overbought, again.

Best Regards,
--
Peter Bart <peter at petertheplumber.net>