[mdlug] Anyone familiar with Qmail. I need some help.

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Tue Mar 18 05:58:51 EDT 2008

Jim wrote:
> I run a Qmail server using netqmail-1.05. This server has been running
> along fine until
> about the last 3 months. Now I find myself in a never ending pit of
> spam.

Jim, do you have any kind of web based form that generates
email?  What may be happening is that someone is sending
bad data to that form to generate email that appears to
come from other domains.  The remote server would send
qmail an undeliverable message, perhaps mentioning either
the fake source domain or the intended destination domain.
You would then receive the bounced mail message.

You may want to set up a sniffer to see what all connections
are leaving your server.