[mdlug] OT: Comcast SMTP server

Garry Stahl tesral at comcast.net
Thu Jul 10 20:13:52 EDT 2008

Michael Corral wrote:
> The only reason I even got that information was because I lied and
> told them I was using Outlook in Windows XP. :) I also mentioned
> Thunderbird, which was a big mistake because they were convinced it
> was a Thunderbird issue. Good thing I didn't mention Alpine or Linux!

I didn't have any problem getting the proper port setting.  But it would
have been reasonable of them to inform people of the port change.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org