[mdlug] Linux promotional opportunity at Micro Center

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Tue Jan 29 09:40:50 EST 2008

	I honestly don't see this as a good idea at all.

	The better thing to do would be to work with a Linux distributor,
like Red Hat or Novell/SuSe and volunteer to help run their own version of
the Microsoft Bus.

	Instead of being "dicks" and disrupt someone else's crap, thus
seriously making oneself look like a dick. We should do our own thing,
separate and away from what they are doing and talk about how Linux is
working for everyone. You know, like that little installation known as the
New York Stock Exchange, which runs every single trade through Linux Servers
these days.

	Show people the best of Linux and just flat out ignore the existence
of Microsoft. Allow Linux to stand on its own, without presenting the face
that Linux needs to "bash" its "competitor" in order to prosper.

	Let the merits and strengths shine through, without needing to stoop
to school yard tactics.

	-Rob