[mdlug] Linux promotional opportunity at Micro Center

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Tue Jan 29 10:12:15 EST 2008

> From: Robert Adkins

> 	Instead of being "dicks" and disrupt someone else's crap, thus
> seriously making oneself look like a dick. We should do our own thing,
> separate and away from what they are doing and talk about how Linux is
> working for everyone. You know, like that little installation known as the
> New York Stock Exchange, which runs every single trade through Linux Servers
> these days.

 I think a small, polite demonstration with informational flyers, laptops, and
live CDs to hand out would not be taken amiss and would be useful. Not
denigrating Microsoft directly, but presenting Linux as an alternative.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                                   (313) 227-2317

  "We have handed a blank check drawn against our freedom, to a man who may
     now, if he so decides, declare not merely any non-American citizens
  'unlawful enemy combatants' and ship them somewhere, anywhere,  but may
  now, if he so decides, declare you an 'unlawful enemy combatant' and ship
                         you somewhere, anywhere.

 And if you think this hyperbole or hysteria, ask the newspaper editors when
 John Adams was president or the pacifists when Woodrow Wilson was president
 or the Japanese at Manzanar when Franklin Roosevelt was president."
          Keith Olbermann, http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15331093/