[mdlug] Linux promotional opportunity at Micro Center

Wolfger wolfger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 09:34:39 EST 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 8:26 AM, May, Mat <MCMay at rgis.com> wrote:
> True the costumes were sad, but even sadder is the fact that I bet many
> of those people didn't even understand the symbolism.

Sadder still is that the people doing this stunt probably didn't even
stop to think about whether or not people understood it, and whether
it was good publicity for Linux or bad ("did you see those weirdos in
the penguin costumes? What was that about?")

Now a positive thing to do would be to set up a tailgate Linux demo.
Take a quick run through the Microsoft trailer and then show people a
good alternative. If you want to dress like a penguin, wear a tuxedo.
:-)

--
Wolfger
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/